The Apprentice Program supports the next generation of artist leaders in achieving the vision of the North Street Collective as a place where stories of individuals and of communities are told, where connections are made, and where creative work gets done.
Each Apprentice has an opportunity to:
- Gain practical work experience
- Complete a tangible project
- Contribute to creation of the North Street Collective—an vibrant new organization dedicated to ideas, energy, and creativity
- Build a strong network—meet interesting new people, create lasting relationships, open doors to new experiences
- Make a difference in the community
- Have a mentor to help build the bridge from school to life
- Engage in leadership development and speaking opportunities
- Build skills that will last a lifetime: resiliency, teamwork, and creativity
- Work hard and eat good snacks
These experiences are not only important for the Apprentices themselves, but also help tell the story of Willits and Mendocino County, draw other artists here, and help build a fabric of partnerships and community.